in Web Design, Creative Services, Digital Media & Marketing
Digital Media Marketing
User Experience (UX)
Adobe Creative Suite (Design & Web) / Basic HTML, XML, PHP, CSS / CMS Platforms (Open Source & Proprietary) / SEM (SEO, PPC & SMM) / Microsoft Office / Quickbooks
IN-HOUSE MARKETING EXPERIENCE
BUCK SCIENTIFIC | Norwalk, Connecticut
Marketing Manager | 2014–2016
Global company specializing in design and manufacturing of scientific instruments. Promoted to Marketing Manager (from Digital Media & Marketing Manager) after 3 months.
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT & MAINTENANCE:
- Monitor traffic and maintain functionality/appearance of company website, microsites, and online store.
- Develop research-based campaigns and schedule, supervise, and monitor development tasks.
- Graphical user interface testing and regular improvements to customer experience.
LEADERSHIP & STAFF MANAGEMENT:
- Manage team of off-site developers and designers.
- Troubleshoot and strategize tangible solutions for any coding errors or glitches.
- Conduct industry and competitive analysis.
- Organize and attend weekly marketing meetings with CEO and sales team.
- Strategize with sales team for product launches and promotions.
- Develop, launch, and oversee PLA programs with various marketing partners to promote company website.
SKYGATE MEDIA | New York, New York
Director of Project Management | 2008–2014
Award-Winning Web Design & Digital Media Company; team of 20+ developers, designers and server admins with focus on web, database, mobile and brand development, website, and project management. Named “Best in Business – Technology Sector” by Forbes Magazine, 2012
WEBSITE MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGY:
- Developed and successfully implemented concepts, algorithms, standards, and methodologies to maintain high quality product delivery and client satisfaction.
- Oversaw QA testing and talent acquisition.
- Learned emerging technologies and business applications to facilitate project delivery and post-sale service.
Leadership & Staff Management:
- Recruited, trained, managed, motivated, and evaluated staff of sales professionals, marketing professionals, web development team, and out-of-state development teams.
- Conducted regular virtual meetings with junior project managers/business managers on project status.
- Maintained robust and diverse base of clients, ranging from database to international e- commerce websites.
- Conducted extensive research for prospective clients yielding successful proposal development; traveled nationally & internationally for presentations.
- Initiated regular communication with high-level clients to discuss project status.
THE HOUR NEWSPAPER | Norwalk, Connecticut
Advertising Account Executive | 2005–2008
Daily Newspaper Serving the Municipalities of Norwalk, Wilton, Weston, Westport and Stamford
Progression/Promotion – Quickly recognized by senior management for productivity and fast “learning curve.” Within six months of hire, promoted from Outside Account Executive to Local Account Executive. Received two territory upgrades during tenure. Evolved into focus on newspaper’s special sections with more targeted offerings and higher revenue generation.
- Sold advertising to clients across wide range of vertical markets in competitive Fairfield County market.
- Exceeded cold calling requirements.
- Developed expertise in all aspects of sales process from understanding company advertising needs to positioning.
- Created targeted customer-specific strategies to generate cost savings; work with clients through sale and post-sale service.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT PURCHASE | Purchase, New York
Bachelor of Arts, Media, Society and the Arts, 2005
Minors: Film Philosophy and Social Anthropology
Marketing & PR Internship: American Red Cross, Greenwich, CT, 2004–2005
English; Cantonese Chinese; Mandarin Chinese